VACANCY: Office Assistant
Location: Tirana, Albania
Employment Type: Full time employment
Application deadline: 01.06.2022
“LevizAlbania” (LA) is a project of the Swiss Development Cooperation, implemented by the Consortium of three Albanian organizations, Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), Partners Albania and Co-Plan for the period 01.07.2019 – 30.06.2023. LevizAlbania is an innovative project designed to have a catalytic effect on local democracy in Albania. It will enhance local democracy by cultivating a locally rooted, demand-driven and influential civil society at sub-national level across the country.
OA manages the Office administration and provides support for all employees of the project. She/he is responsible for the office administration, internal office coordination, support staff and supervise non-professional project staff. She/he must be able to work independently as well as in the group, as part of the office staff. OA must fulfill the responsibilities described below independently, with minimal supervision.
Office Administration (50%)
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the project office.
- Management of inventory and office correspondence.
- Responsible for purchases.
- Coordinating the procurement procedure & document’s file.
- Manages Office database and services related to communication technology and information as required.
- Manages, develops, and organizes office documentation. Manages and keeps records for copy of every document produced in the office or related to office operation.
- Responsible for the management of the protocol book and Team Leader decisions.
- Develops and maintains office archive and office library.
- Responsible for organizing office activities, staff meetings, hosting visitors.
- Gives and distributes information about the activity of the project and its partners.
- Coordinate the communication and the relationship with the landlord.
- Manages fuel consumption and coordinates with the driver and finance.
Office Coordination and staff support (50%)
- Coordinates the personnel issues and transportation as required.
- Coordinates and collaborates with staff office to address specific needs related to office equipment, communication, and access to information.
- Translation support for office documents as required.
- Provides logistics and coordinates administrative support for training, assists Short Term Experts in their activity and support other events or activities as well.
- Contributes to Grants Program administrative and logistic coordination.
- Assists the finance in gathering information, relevant to financial matters and personnel administration.
- Facilitates the administrative and logistic aspects of all processes of Granting scheme.
- Acts as executive assistant of the Team Leader.
- Develops and maintains professional contacts with third parties related to office services, equipment, and other services.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by the Team Leader.
- Manages and oversees driver and cleaning services
Education: University degree in economic studies.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in Finance or office assistance.
- Previous experience with procurement procedures (highly preferable).
Knowledge and professional skills and personal
- Very good coordination skills (individual and group).
- Ability to work in a team (communication, division of resources and capacity, etc.).
- Good skills of time management.
- Working knowledge of English writing and speaking.
- Good skills in computer programs (Microsoft Office package etc.)
Language Requirements: Strong skills in written communications in English particularly in issue-based papers and reporting; Excellent spoken English is also required.
Compensation offered: Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the industry standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience, and salary history of the selected candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
LevizAlbania is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups without any discrimination!