Project goal: The project aims to mobilize and coordinate as quickly as possible all possible human resources efforts to gather as many arguments and support at local, national and international levels to stop the adoption and implementation of today's proposed construction plan of a tourist resort with devastating effects on the environment and on local economy.
The Coalition seeks from the Albanian authorities transparency in decision-making, fair and impartial evaluation of the issue, comprehensive process for environment ecologically suitable for today's and future generations.
- Advocy and coordination of local activism to preserve the values of the Park and its protection from urbanization through undertaking a defensive campaign leading to disapproval and prohibition of the implementation of the project in the Divjaka Karavasta National Park.
- Awareness of the community on the importance and values of the Protected Area and threats from the implementation of "Divjaka Resort" Plan, by the end of July 2017.
- Field visit by experts to gather information on negative impacts of the project.
- Project Analysis and decision-making from the point of view of the consistency of Albanian legislation on nature protection.
- Three coordinating public forums with national experts and civil society.
- A comprehensive campaign to promote public awareness including social media.
- Advocacy campaign with public, executive, as well as well reputed international institutions in Albania including foreign and local expertise.
- Four meetings at local level with stakeholders
- Mobilization of expertise in the country and abroad for a campaign in defense from urbanization of the Park.
- Coordination meetings with civil society and press releases by civil society for media and public information on environmental issues.