VACANCY: Finance Manager
Location: Tirana, Albania
Organization: LevizAlbania project
Employment Type: Full time employment
Application deadline: May 4, 2021
“LevizAlbania” (LA) is a project of Swiss Development Cooperation, implemented by three Albanian organizations, Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), Partners Albania and Co-PLAN. First phase of the project is implemented from July 2015 to June 2019, while the second phase covers the period July 2019 - June 2023. LevizAlbania is an innovative project designed to have a catalytic effect on local democracy in Albania. It will enhance local democracy by cultivating a locally rooted, demand-driven and influential civil society at sub-national level across the country.
Responsibilities/Duties (Summary of key functions)
Establishment, management and maintenance of financial system
- Responsible for developing procedures, record-keeping, data input, bookkeeping, general ledger, financial statements and all phases of financial management needed to comply with Albanian and donor legal requirements;
- Responsible for cash flow analysis and daily cash needs;
- Responsible for all accounts payable, banking transactions, check writing, and reconciliation of bank statements;
- Track and prepare staff salary and compensation programs;
- Track and prepare rent, utility and other service payments;
- Responsible for grants financial management system maintenance, coherent register of all financial transactions;
- If needed, FM will be trained on usage and maintenance of GMS (grants management system);
- Keeps track of all financial documents for grants under process and those already closed, and periodically prepares related financial reports;
- Prepare annual project budget;
- Prepare contracts for consultants / experts or other processes (procurement);
- Recommend to Team Leader approval or changes to any contract which financially obligate the project;
Grants Administration and Technical Assistance
- Prepare and track grant disbursements;
- Tracks grant financial reporting;
- Monitor use/implementation of grant funds/budget;
- When needed, controls grant financial implementation;
- Assess grantee financial management capability and provide technical assistance and training as required to ensure the grantee is capable of meeting regulations for financial management, accounting, and financial reporting;
- Review grantee financial reports and make recommendations for follow-up action or technical assistance;
- Provide technical assistance, as required, to resolve outstanding issues associated with financial reports or grantee audits;
Coordination and reporting
- Communicate and coordinate with consortium partners (OSFA, Partners Albania and Co-Plan and work directly and in close cooperation with financial manager of OSFA) when necessary, with SDC (Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation) regarding financial reports, funds disbursement, reconciliation of expenses, general organizational financial status, and financial management training needs;
- Prepare regular financial reports for Consortium and SDC;
- Cooperate and coordinate with SDC and appropriate institutions to ensure compliance with local laws and SDC regulations;
- Provide Team Leader with ad hoc financial reports, analysis, and forecasting needed for strategic planning.
- Provide Team Leader with timely information and reports consolidating and projecting income and expenses;
- Work with the Team Leader to create and develop a sustainable and value-added strategy for the project;
- Prepare, write and/or edit all financial information needed for the project, consortium, SDC etc.;
- Carries out any other duty, as assigned by the Team Leader.
Education required: University degree (Master) in finance, accounting.
Experience and skills required:
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in finance management, accounting.
- Very good knowledge of NGO Albanian financial-related legal framework (tax, accounting standards)
- Very good communication and coordination skills
- Ability to adapt and to be flexible
- Ability to work independently and self/organizational skills
- Ability to work harmoniously with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Resourcefulness, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with and between different levels and types of project personnel and counterparts;
- Excellent PC user skills in Microsoft Office package, particularly in Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.).
Language Requirements: Strong skills in written communications in both Albanian and English, particularly in preparing financial reporting; Excellent spoken English is also required.
Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the industry standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
LevizAlbania is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups without any discrimination!